For Immediate Release – June 13, 2015
Vizi engages students, improves results at Roosevelt University in Chicago
Muncie, Ind. – Instructor Mary McGinnis selected Vizi’s Research, Composition, and Argument for a Digital Age, as the primary teaching resource for an online section of English Composition at Roosevelt University in Chicago. When asked about the multimodal, interactive text, her students praised Vizi and its approach:
- “This is a tough subject for many people and the direction received on the Vizi was critical. …the Vizi textbook is a fantastic piece of work and has a great format for learning. Not only does it require you to learn and pay attention, but it makes it enjoyable as well.”
- “The Vizi [Lessons] are wonderful! I have actually noticed it’s very helpful to be listening to the speaker as well as reading the captions on the bottom of the screen, unlike a textbook where I personally get easily distracted when reading myself.”
- “[Vizi] was fantastic and a great way to learn and absorb information!”
- “The Vizi [Lessons] were absolutely amazing and a great help in this online based class… It was nice to go back and re-listen or reference anything if needed.”
- “Vizi was the most helpful and insightful source I have had to use in a class…”
Vizi is making a difference in courses at Roosevelt University, and is ready to do the same for instructors and institutions of higher education across the country. Contact Vizi today to arrange a demonstration.
Our purpose is to transform lives by making education more engaging. That is why we publish unique, online, interactive, multimodal texts. Designed for students in higher education, Vizi uses interactive simulations, games, animations, graphics, videos, and text to engage students in their studies. Vizi is used in all types of classrooms, whether traditional, flipped or online. Independent laboratory research confirms the transformative results of Vizi’s media-driven, multimodal focus – improving results by as much as three letter grades.
Steve Davis, Vice President